Some highlights from CM Punk’s official debut on WWE Backstage on FS1:
– Regarding why he is back, Punk noted that things just snowballed between him and FOX and he accepted the role, which didn’t exist 6 months or even 6 years ago.
– Punk confirmed he is not under contract to WWE and has not made any contact with anybody in the company. He notes his deal is between himself and FOX, which is interesting because the can’t punish or suspend him for his opinions. He noted he will tell the truth and there is nothing they can do about it.
– He revealed Jim Ross was the only major to reach out to him.
– He said, “I’m at a point in my career where I don’t have to work with jerks.”
– Punk said there are major hurdles with regards to returning in-ring for WWE. He said he is 41, but “never say never”, but right now it doesn’t look like he’ll be returning. He added, “It’s not something I’m actively pursuing.”
– Punk noted that WWE still feels overproduced, “The wrestling product can be so much better. It’s too overproduced and too micromanaged.” He added the women’s division is something he enjoys and NXT.
– On the women’s division, he said he’s not a fan of Forcing the women’s revolution. “Let the women be the women and they’ll show you they kick ass and why they belong.”