Rafael dos Anjos vs. Eddie Alvarez live play-by-play
Quick low inside leg kick from the challenger. And another. The champion connects with a straight left. Now he lands an inside leg kick. The crowd chants “Eddie” loudly.
dos Anjos with a nice uppercut. dos Anjos pressing the fight. dos Anjos lands a straight right, and a second. Alvarez with a shot, but dos Anjos defends with a guillotine attempt. He lands a knee as they get up and separate. dos Anjos now with a shot. Good defense from the challenger.
Alvarez rocks the champion! He is throwing a lot! dos Anjos is out on his feet. Alvarez throws an ill-advised flying knee and ends up on his back, but dos Anjos is not in his right mind. Alvarez is back up and hammering dos Anjos! Herb Dean stops it and we have a new lightweight champion!
- Vicente Luque def. Alvaro Herrera via second-round submission (D’Arce choke).
- Marco Beltran def. Reginaldo Vieira via second-round submission (rear-naked choke).
- Gilbert Burns def. Lukasz Sajewski via first-round submission (armbar).
- Felipe Arantes def. Jerrod Sanders via second-round submission (armbar).
- Pedro Munhoz def. Russell Doane via first-round submission (guillotine).
- Anthony Birchak def. Dileno Lopes via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 27-30).
- John Makdessi def. Mehdi Baghdad via split decision (29-28, 29-28 28-29).
- Alberto Mina def. Mike Pyle via second-round knockout (flying knee and punches).
- Joe Duffy def. Mitch Clarke via first-round submission (rear-naked choke).
- Alan Jouban def. Belal Muhammad via unanimous decision (28-27, 29-27, 29-28).
- Derrick Lewis def. Roy Nelson via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).
- Eddie Alvarez def. Rafael dos Anjos via first-round technical knockout.