Home Entertainment Hogan Receives More Money From Lawsuit and TNA Superstar Speaks Out on...

Hogan Receives More Money From Lawsuit and TNA Superstar Speaks Out on Company

446
SHARE
(Photo by Alexander Tamargo/Getty Images)

The New York Post is reporting that in addition to the $115 million judgment he received last week for his invasion of privacy lawsuit against Gawker.com relating to the website releasing a portion of his sex tape, Hulk Hogan has been awarded an additional $25.1 million in punitive damages.

The jury, who deliberated for four hours, ruled that Gawker.com must pay $15 million, Nick Dention (the website’s owner) must pay $10 million, and ex-editor AJ Daulerio must pay $100,000.

Gawker.com’s attorney had argued earlier today that the initial verdict against the website was “debilitating” because the company itself is only worth approximately $85 million.

Former TNA Star Bobby Roode, a company mainstay has spoken out on his departure to Mike Davies of the Peterborough Examiner. He notes the brand as been “stale” as one of the contributing factors as to why he left:

“It felt like it was the right time,” Roode said, Sunday night. “After almost 13 years in a wrestling company I felt like there was nothing really left for me to do there. I wanted to mutually part ways. I have nothing negative to say about TNA Wrestling. They treated me very, very well. It was just a matter of me being in a part of my life where I’m not sure TNA was the right fit for me anymore. The brand has been stale for the last little while and the growth wasn’t there as it was in the early years.”

We reported earlier, Dave Meltzer and The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted the two main reasons for Bobby Roode and Eric Young requesting their releases from TNA Impact Wrestling were because of their frustrations with the company’s booking and creative, as well as the fact that they both recently asked for a pay raise and were told that it wasn’t going to happen.

Regarding their futures in wrestling, perhaps not surprisingly, The Wrestling Observer reports that there is a fair amount of chatter going around that they will both be heading to WWE.

SHARE
Previous articlePaul Heyman Talks Promoting Brock Lesnar
Next articleJim Lampley Says “UFC Will Never Have a MayPac.”
Aaron Portier
Highly passionate MMA Journalist, and I've followed the sport ever since my favorite fighter, Vitor Belfort won the heavyweight tournament at UFC 12. After that I've tried to go to every local MMA event around the Gulf Coast and surrounding areas and decided to make it a point to have a career in some aspect in the fighting sport other than fighting in general (didn't want to ruin my face). I'm currently enrolled at Southeastern Louisiana University working towards a degree in Communication. I cover MMA, Boxing and Football for The Daily Star newspaper in my hometown of Hammond, Louisiana, in addition to working as a promotional writer for a local Boxing promotion known as BoxnCar and I cover boxing for 8countnews.com however SciFighting.com is my home. My main goal is to bring more publicity to MMA in my area and to the sport as a whole as all of us involved with the sport are merely scratching the surface and laying the foundation of what mixed martial arts competition will be further down the road.