These results brought to you by way of WrestlingInc.com writer Marc Middleton:
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look back at Kane, Seth Rollins and Ashley From Human Resources on last week’s show.
– We’re live from the TD Garden in Boston with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton as the pyro goes off and Cole welcomes us. They announce The Dudley Boyz vs. Big Show and Seth Rollins for tonight.
– We go to the ring and out comes Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman to a big pop.
They hit the ring as we see highlights from the win over Big Show at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night. A big “Suplex City” chant breaks out. Lesnar soaks it all in and laughs. Heyman introduces himself and calls Lesnar the Slayer of the Giant, the Conqueror or The Streak and The Beast of Boston. Heyman says all focus now goes to Hell and The Undertaker. Heyman hypes the Hell In a Cell match, saying it’s a fight Taker cannot win. Heyman shows us video from WrestleMania XXX. Heyman says Taker spent one week in the hospital and a week on the shelf after that. goes on and shows us highlights from the match at SummerSlam. Heyman says Lesnar never had to use a low blow on Taker. Heyman says Lesnar will tell Steve Austin this straight to his face on his October 19th podcast, but Hell In a Cell will be the very last time ever that Lesnar will fight Taker. He says one of them will walk out as the winner of their war but the other will not walk out of the Cell at all. Heyman says that is not a prediction, that is a spoiler.
Heyman goes on and is interrupted by Big Show. Show enters the ring and stares Lesnar down as fans boo. Lesnar leans against the ropes and is relaxed. Show admits Lesnar took him to Suplex City at Madison Square Garden. Show says he was so close to wiping the grin off Lesnar’s face. Show says he’s the bigger man so he will call it like it is – Brock is the man, a beast among boys. Show extends his hand for a shake but Lesnar walks right by him. Show says he hopes Lesnar loses to The Undertaker… again. Lesnar stops and comes back in the ring now. Lesnar ducks a knockout punch and hits a belly to belly suplex. Lesnar scoops Show for a 5F and hits it. Lesnar smiles before making his exit as his music hits again.
– Seth Rollins is backstage with Stephanie McMahon. He says we have to call off tonight’s tag match because Big Show was his partner. Stephanie tells him to “figure it out” since he’s the man. Rollins isn’t happy as he walks off.
Roman Reigns, Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose vs. The Wyatt Family
We go to the ring and out comes Roman Reigns through the crowd.
Back from the break and Randy Orton is wrapping up his entrance. Dean Ambrose is also out. Bray Wyatt makes his way out with Braun Strowman and Luke Harper next.
Harper starts off with Reigns but Reigns wants Wyatt. Harper and Reigns lock up and Reigns goes after Wyatt but he jumps off the apron. Reigns goes out after him and fights off Harper as well. Reigns brings Wyatt in the ring but Braun Strowman takes him to the corner. Reigns rocks Braun with a right hand. Ambrose dropkicks Braun but he’s still standing. Orton pokes Braun in the eyes and dropkicks him but he’s still on his feet. They team up to drive him out of the ring. They take Harper out next. Reigns, Orton and Ambrose stand tall in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose is rolling Harper up for a 2 count. Harper goes to the floor for a breather. Ambrose lays flat in the ring and just waits on Harper to come back in. Harper is weary and comes in to get rolled up for another 2 count. Harper ends up in the corner and in comes Orton for some double teaming. Orton starts stomping on Harper. Ambrose comes back in with kicks in the corner. Harper with a cheap shot and tag to Strowman. Ambrose knocks him off the apron and leaps out but Strowman catches him and slams Ambrose on the floor. Strowman sends Ambrose into the barrier and brings him back in the ring. Strowman with another big scoop slam.
Wyatt tags in and splashes Ambrose in the corner for a 2 count. Harper comes back in and rolls Ambrose up for a 2 count. Wyatt tags back in and stomps Ambrose as Harper holds him. Ambrose manages to clothesline Wyatt but Strowman comes back in before he can tag out. Strowman drops Ambrose with a huge shoulder. Strowman screams at Ambrose to get up as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Wyatt levels Ambrose with a big clothesline. Ambrose rolls out of the way and avoids the senton. Braun tags in and stops Ambrose from tagging. Braun charges in the corner but Ambrose moves and he hit the ring post. Orton tags in as does Harper. Orton unloads and hits the powerslam. Orton with the second rope draping DDT. Wyatt distracts the referee while Braun pulls Orton to the floor. Braun slams Orton into the announce table and rolls him in. Reigns tags in before they can capitalize and knocks Wyatt off the apron with a Superman punch. He takes out Harper and goes after Wyatt on the floor. Braun pulls Reigns off Wyatt by his head. Ambrose dives out and nails Braun. Reigns with a Superman punch on Braun but he’s still standing. Ambrose leaps out onto Braun’s back and they tumble over the barrier. Harper brings Reigns back in the ring. Reigns catches him in a powerbomb. Wyatt hits Reigns from behind, allowing Harper to nail a superkick for a 2 count as Orton breaks the pin. Orton blocks Sister Abigail but Wyatt blocks the RKO and retreats from the ring. Orton nails a RKO on Harper. Wyatt looks on from the ramp as Reigns spears Harper for the win.
Winners: Roman Reigns, Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose
– After the match, they celebrate as we go to replays. Reigns takes the mic and says he will be the one to end their war inside Hell In a Cell.
– Still to come, John Cena’s US Open Challenge. Back to commercial.
Neville vs. Sheamus
Back from the break and Neville is making his entrance. King Barrett is on commentary. He says he’s here to support his fellow Englishman. Sheamus is out next with his Money In the Bank briefcase.
Sheamus takes the mic and knocks Boston. He says we’ve got a real leprechaun in the ring – Neville. A “you look stupid” chant breaks out. Sheamus says people love Neville but no matter how hard he tries, he will always be a loser. Sheamus says he’s a winner and raises the briefcase up, calling himself a future WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He asks Neville what it’s like to be a loser and goes on until Neville unloads on him. The referee backs him off and the bell rings. Neville goes back to unloading on Sheamus in the corner. The referee has to pull him back. Neville gets distracted as Barrett gets up from commentary and Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick out of nowhere for the win.
– We see Corporate Kane walking backstage as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Kane is in the ring. He’s wearing a boot on his ankle and blames it on what Seth Rollins did last week. Kane says if he had a 7 foot demon chasing him around he would be desperate too. Kane points out how Rollins needs a partner for tonight after Big Show got taken out. Kane says he will be Rollins’ partner. Rollins comes out and protests. He says that’s not how it works. Rollins enters the ring and says Kane is no Tom Brady, which gets a pop. Rollins says they both have deflated balls and that gets boos. Rollins says Kane cannot lie and swindle his way into getting what he wants because life doesn’t work that way for people like Kane. Rollins says Kane is not teaming with him tonight and he’s never playing into the mind games again.
Kane goes on about how his job is to bring out the best in Rollins but Rollins says he doesn’t need the help. Kane wants to make Rollins proud of the man he sees in the mirror. They go on and Stephanie McMahon’s music hits. She’s heard enough. She announces Demon Kane vs. Rollins for the title at Hell In a Cell. If Demon Kane loses, Corporate Kane is relieved of his duties. Corporate Kane is also put in the tag match later tonight.
– Back from a break and Rollins is backstage complaining to Triple H about what just happened. Triple H gives some advice and he walks off.
Natalya vs. Paige
We go to the ring and Natalya waits as Paige makes her way out.
They lock up and go to the corner. Natalya unloads but Paige comes out of the corner. They trade pin attempts. Natalya with a dropkick. Paige goes to the floor for a breather but Natalya nails her and brings it back in. Paige goes right back out and drops Natalya with a kick on the floor. Paige screams about this being her house and rolls Natalya back in. Paige keeps her grounded with a submission now. Paige keeps control and applies an abdominal stretch. Natalya turns it around and Paige sends her to the mat.
Paige misses a running knee in the corner. Natalya with more offense and a 2 count. More back and forth now. Paige drops her for a 2 count. Natalya ducks a slap and puts Paige on the mat. Natalya with another 2 count after a kick to the face. Natalya ends up applying the Sharpshooter but Paige gets to the ropes and breaks it. Paige drops Natalya over the middle rope and rolls her up for a 2 count. Natalya catches a kick and locks in the Sharpshooter again, this time for the win.
– We get a look at Ryback’s rematch against WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens on SmackDown and how it ended in a count out. We cut to a new vignette from Ryback where he says actions speak louder than words. Ryback says he’s getting closer to taking back what’s his and ripping Owens to shreds. Ryback says it’s time, it’s feeding time.
Kevin Owens vs. Sin Cara
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens for a non-title match. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and The Lucha Dragons are out. This match was made after an altercation with Owens, Sin Cara and Kalisto on the RAW pre-show. They go to lock up and Owens beats Cara down. Owens mocks the lucha chants and keeps beating Cara around. Owens with the senton for a 2 count. Owens with a headlock now.
Owens talks trash to Kalisto, calling him a 12 year old. Kalisto tries to get a lucha chant going but it doesn’t catch on. Owens keeps control of Cara but turns around to a right hand after talking trash to Kalisto. Cara makes a comeback and rolls Owens for a 2 count. Cara with a kick and a springboard but Owens kicks him in mid-air. Owens with the pop-up powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– After the match, Owens poses with the title and attacks Kalisto. Owens knocks him out of the ring and goes to powerbomb him on the apron but Ryback’s music hits. Owens retreats through the crowd as Ryback runs down. Ryback gets a “feed me more” chant going as Owens taunts him with the title.
– Stephanie is backstage typing on her phone when The New Day comes in chanting her name. She says she’s busy. Big E tells her not to be sour. She tells them again she’s busy but isn’t happy about it. Woods raises the trombone and she threatens to send them to a place that makes Suplex City look like Disneyland. She says they will be defending against The Dudley Boyz at Hell In a Cell and walks off.
– Back from the break and the entire WWE roster is on the stage in pink for Susan G. Komen and Breast Cancer Awareness. WWE United States Champion John Cena is in the ring with a group of breast cancer survivors and Roman Reigns. He tries to quiet some fan and tells them they will have plenty of time to express their thoughts on him. Cena talks about WWE partnering with Komen for the 4th year. He talks about coming home to the Boston area and gives a shout out to some of his family at ringside. He says it gives him great honor to stand in the ring with real heroes. Cena gets the crowd to give it up for the group of the cancer survivors in the ring. A “yes!” chant starts up. Reigns says he hates to break up the chant but has something to say. His motto is usually one vs. all but it’s all vs. one in the fight against breast cancer. He plugs the pink merchandise on WWE’s Shop website. Reigns says it’s a huge honor for him and WWE to join the fight once again. Reigns ends it with a “believe that” as he and Cena shake the hands of the women in the ring.
– Still to come, Corporate Kane and Rollins vs. The Dudleyz. Back to commercial.
Kane and Seth Rollins vs. The Dudley Boyz
Back from the break and out comes Corporate Kane. He’s no longer wearing the walking boot but is limping. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins is out next. The pyro hits as The Dudley Boyz make their way out next to a pop.
Kane starts off with Bubba Ray but Rollins immediately tags in. Rollins tells Kane to stay right there, he will take care of this. Rollins talks trash to Bubba and shoves him. Bubba shoves Rollins back across the ring. Bubba says Rollins might be the man but they’re the best damn tag team so let’s go. Bubba ends up sending Rollins to the floor for a breather. Rollins comes back in and beats Bubba down in the corner with kicks. Bubba turns it around with a big chop and in comes Devon for some double teaming. Devon with a 2 count. Kane tags in and Devon goes right for the injured leg.
Kane quickly tags Rollins back in and sells the leg injury. Devon takes control when Rollins is distracted talking to Kane. Devon with a 2 count. Devon with a neckbreaker as Kane tags himself in. Kane runs over Devon and reaches for a tag. Rollins hesitates but tags in for some double teaming. Rollins with a neckbreaker on Devon. We go to commercial with what sounds like “we want Lana” chants.
Back from the break and Kane is in control of Devon. Devon fights up but Kane drops him. Kane goes for the kick to the face but his bad leg goes out. Rollins comes in and decks Devon. Rollins with a headlock as trainers check on Kane. They tell him he has to go to the back and get checked out. Rollins hears this and runs over to handcuff Kane to the ring post. Devon catapults Rollins into the corner and he hits Kane, snapping the handcuffs and sending him to the floor. A trainer helps Kane to the back now.
Devon takes advantage of the distraction and rolls Rollins up for a 2 count. Devon blocks a Pedigree with a back drop. Rollins misses a splash in the corner. Bubba tags in and unloads on Rollins while talking trash to him. Bubba slams Rollins and holds his legs while Devon goes up top for the headbutt. They go under the ring for a table but before they can bring it in, Rollins dropkicks the table into both of them for the disqualification.
Winners by DQ: The Dudley Boyz
– After the bell, Rollins goes and grabs his belt. The pyro hits and out comes Demon Kane. He drops Rollins at ringside and brings him in the ring. Kane with a big boot on Rollins. The Dudleyz come in and get revenge from SmackDown by hitting a 3D on Kane. The Dudleyz leave up the ramp as their music hits. Rollins gets to his feet and looks down at Kane before leaving the ring. Rollins stops and turns around to bring the table in the ring. Rollins stands the table up. He stands over Kane and talks trash but Kane grabs him by his throat. Rollins fights him off with an enziguri and goes to the top. Kane catches Rollins on the way down and chokeslams him through the table for a big pop. The pyro goes off as Kane’s music hits and he stands over Rollins laughing.
– Still to come, Cena’s US Open Challenge. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole shows us video from earlier today outside of the arena. A limousine pulls up and Team Bella steps out. A SUV cuts them off and Team BAD steps out. Nikki gets her hat snatched off.
Team BAD vs. Team Bella
We go to the ring and out comes Sasha Banks, Naomi and Tamina Snuka. Sasha starts to cut a promo about being from Boston but out comes Nikki Bella, Brie Bella and Alicia Fox to interrupt. Nikki has her Yankees hat back. Nikki knocks Team BAD and the Boston Red Sox. Fans chant “Yankees suck” at Nikki. The trash talking continues as both teams face off in the ring. The referee has to separate them as we get the bell. Naomi starts off with Nikki. Nikki throws her hat in Naomi’s face and attacks her.
Naomi takes control and in comes Sasha with knees in the corner and a 2 count. Nikki ends up turning it around and tagging in Brie. Brie with kicks in the corner. Sasha turns it around and Brie is pulled to safety as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and there’s more back and forth between both teams. It sounds like more “we want Lana” chants but the announcers believe it’s “we want Sasha.” Team Bella continues to dominate Naomi. Brie with kicks as fans chant “yes!” with her. Alicia comes in and keeps Naomi grounded. Sasha finally gets the tag and unloads on Team Bella for a pop. Sasha with big knees on Fox in the corner for a 2 count as Brie breaks it. Tamina nails Brie with a superkick. Nikki takes out Tamina. Naomi with a Rear View on Nikki. Alicia hits Naomi. Sasha ends up getting the win with a Banks Statement on Fox.
Winners: Team BAD
– After the match, Renee is backstage with Becky Lynch and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte. Charlotte says Hell In a Cell is her chance to prove she earned the title and it wasn’t luck. She says the Divas Title is right where it belongs and “whooos” before walking off.
– Still to come, Cena’s US Open Challenge. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what happened earlier with Big Show and Brock Lesnar.
– Summer Rae is in the ring. She says she keeps hearing rumors that summer is over but for one Superstar, it never ends. She introduces Rusev and the USA chants. Summer says she wanted to dedicate an entire segment to the one Superstar who has done more than anyone else this year – RuRu. She airs a ridiculous video package on their relationship.
Rusev is smiling now. He says the video was great, he doesn’t know what to say. Rusev says when they first got together he didn’t like her at all but now he couldn’t imagine caring for anyone else but her. Summer was hoping he would say that because she has something to ask him. Summer drops to one knee and pulls out a ring. She asks Rusev to marry her. He doesn’t know what to say. She tries to talk him into it. Rusev tells the fans to shut up and they boo. Rusev finally says yes. They hug and kiss before Summer goes to put the ring on his finger. Rusev shuts the ring case and says not just yet. He says they must prove to each other that they are worthy. Rusev says he needs WWE gold on his waist, then Summer will have gold on her finger. Rusev drops the mic and goes to leave but holds the ropes for her and they leave together.
– Still to come, Cena will defend. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion John Cena. He kicks off the US Open Challenge and Dolph Ziggler’s music hits for a pop. We wait but he doesn’t show. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day come dragging Ziggler out. They ask Cena if this is serious enough for him and wonder who might answer the challenge. Xavier Woods, Big E and Kofi Kingston cut promos on their way to the ring. It’s going to be Big E answering the challenge.
WWE United States Title Match: Big E vs. John Cena
Big E hits the ring as we get formal introductions from Lilian Garcia.
Cena with a headlock to start. Big E breaks free and runs over Cena with a big shoulder. Woods talks trash at ringside with Kofi as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Big E has been dominating Cena. Cena manages a 2 count but Big E comes right back. Big E charges but Cena moves and he hits the ring post. Big E comes back with another big slam and a 2 count. Big E with a splash and another 2 count. Big E keeps control and splashes Cena on the apron for another pin attempt. Cena fights back but Big E runs right over him for another 2 count. Cena manages to dump Big E out to the floor so he can regroup but Cena follow instead. Cena gets whipped into the steel steps.
They come back in the ring and go at it. Big E catches Cena but Cena counters and slams him. Cena with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Kofi and Woods provide an assist. Big E drops Cena and the referee ejects Kofi and Woods from ringside. Big E swings the trombone but Cena ducks it. The referee takes it and Cena nails the AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– After the bell, Kofi and Woods immediately rush the ring and they beat Cena down. Ziggler’s music hits and he runs down to make the save. Ziggler accidentally superkicks Cena, laying him out. Big E runs over Ziggler with a clothesline. Ziggler gets beat down now. The Dudley Boyz run down ad go at it with The New Day now. Kofi saves Woods from a 3D and now The Dudleyz get beat down. The New Day stand tall after destroying Ziggler, Cena and The Dudleyz. They leave with Woods playing the trombone. We see the babyfaces starting to recover as RAW goes off the air.