Home News Boxing Will Mayweather and Pacquiao Fight in May?

Will Mayweather and Pacquiao Fight in May?

21987
SHARE
Mayweather-and-Pacquiao
(Mayweather and Pacquiao at last night's Bucks and Heat game)

Multiple sources have told TMZ Sports that Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao have finally arranged a fight. This comes after years of baiting and switching and continuous hearsay and is the final day of the month, the month in which Pacquiao has demanded an official announcement from Mayweather that they will fight on May 2nd at the MGM Grand. The two sides had recently been aggressively trying to knock out a deal and met in person last week at the Miami Heat game. TMZ has since reported that the two sides will make their formal announcements in the coming days.

If the long awaited mega-fight takes place, it may be too little too late for some as the fight they would have wanted to see, would have been 5 years ago when the fighters were truly peaking. Others will be thankful and feel that it’s better late than never. At the end of the night, the fight should be all it’s hyped up to be and could lead to multiple fights between the two. If The fight is close, fans will ask for another bout, if it isn’t close, fans will probably still ask for another bout for the loser to redeem himself.

For Mayweather, if he is able to beat Pacquiao, it will cement his legacy in the Hall of Fame and make him the best pound for pound fighter in the history of the sport. With a loss, his perfect record will become tarnished. It appears as though he realizes what’s at stake and that refusing a fight with Pacquiao would not make him the best pound for pound fighter of all time, even if he retired with a perfect record.

It has also been reported that Pacquiao will agree to receiving 40 percent of the revenue earned from the fight, leaving Mayweather with the remaining 60 percent because he is the bigger draw and has more to lose.

  • Jack Feuchtinger

    Too bad nothing has actually been confirmed.
    Nice click bait though.

    • It may seem like click bait because when the article was originally posted all seemed confirmed from multiple sources. Then the story evolved. We decided to update the original rather than post a new one but the FB link still shows the original title. Nothing in the actual title of the article is misleading.

  • Яәïgη Мāċk

    You Click Baiting Pieces of shit…. !!

    • Please see the response above. You likely came here through Facebook. There is no way for us to change a title on a FB post once it’s been submitted.

      • Яәïgη Мāċk

        ok I see what happened but does aggregating news from TMZ really equal multiple source? just because TMZ said that they have multiple sources on their end surely that’s only One source for you as you have no contact with TMZ source and you are posting a TMZ story?

        • First of, just do yourself a favor and stop making a fool of yourself. This story was posted to the RUMORS section of the site for a reason. If you think you can do a better job as a journalist then do so. You got this info for free. Appreciate the first bit of feedback but questioning the quality of our journalism based on one “rumor” report, is hardly indicative of the publication as a whole.

    • hollywoodhogan777

      10,000 people wouldn’t like click bait!

      • Seriously, thank you! (Haters will hate.)

        • Яәïgη Мāċk

          oh ok so me calling you out for poor “news” reporting makes me a hater? how many retweets did the story get? how many likes do your other “reports” get I bet its nowhere near 10k

          • hollywoodhogan777

            How many likes do your articles get? And we don’t care about likes, we care about views. Likes are just a bonus.

          • http://www.scifighting.com/2014/07/22/30900/3-reasons-cm-punk-former-wwe-champion-jump-ufc-mma/ “Speaking of poor news reporting.” We’ve known this was a good move for CM Punk and the UFC for ages. We ran this story July 22nd 2014. The deal was signed at the end of December and announced in January 2015. Find someone else who has done something similar. Go question their work. LOL

      • Яәïgη Мāċk

        There are a surprising number of people on facebook who hit the like button just from reading the title and not the full story. In this case the face book title was a completely and utterly wrong.

        • hollywoodhogan777

          That’s a bit of a stretch pal, wouldn’t ya say?

        • More idiotic points. We have exactly 4,481 likes for this specific article that came from Facebook directly. Meaning our Facebook page. Those are public metrics you can check for yourself. The overwhelming majority of likes came from the article itself which then propagated to other’s news feeds, with the proper title, mind you. SO please, just stop. You truly do not know what the hell you are talking about.