Being a female MMA fighter’s not all it is cracked up to be. Women want to be taken seriously for their skills not just their skin! The things men often say to women when trying woo them can be amazingly distasteful. As much as they might try to be cute, what works for some women does’t work for all women. Here are 10 things you should absolutely avoid saying if you like your arms, legs, head and other “relevant” body parts right where they are.
10. “Wow! You don’t look like a fighter.”
No kidding? Neither do you.
9. “You should be a ring girl!”
Really? Awww, I was just thinking the same thing about you!
8. “Aww… You’re going to mess up that pretty face.”
It’s ok, you probably won’t remember what it looked like, after I knock you out!
7. “Can you beat up your boyfriend?”
I don’t know. Can you?
6. “I bet I could make you tap. All night, baby!”
Hmmm . . . there’s lots of other “135 pound girls” like you and they’ve all been wrong.
5. “You wanna wrasltle?”
No thanks. I prefer to “grapple”, specifically with someone who actually has some ground skills.
4. “I’d let you tap me out.”
You don’t have to worry about that. I’m not going to try.
3. “I’d love to roll with you . . .naked.”
2. “Can you put me in a triangle?”
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one I wouldn’t have to fight anymore.
1. “I sure would love being stuck in your guard!”
…And would you also agree to me up-kicking you in the jaw or sweeping you and then bashing you unconscious?
Did we miss anything? If you’re brave (note below) let us know what else you think shouldn’t be said in the comments or via social media.
This list was compiled by the author with the assistance of Professional Female Fighters Raquel Pa’aluhi and Kailin Curran. So watch it guys!