The women’s MMA organization Invicta FC has revealed that three title fights will headline their end-of-the-year event. Invicta FC 3 will take place on December 7, and will feature flyweight champion Barb Honchak vs Leslie Smith, strawweight champ Carla Esparza vs Claudia Gadelha, and an inaugural bantamweight title fight between Lauren Murphy and Miriam Nakamoto.
Flyweight champ Barb Honchak won the title with a decision victory over Vanessa Porto in April. She is now 8-2, and has been undefeated since bouncing back from a pair of debut losses. Leslie Smith defeated Jennifer Maia to earn the title shot, and is now 6-3-1.
Strawweight champ Carla Esparza defeated Bec Hyatt to win the belt, and will now defend it against undefeated submission artist Claudia Gadelha.
Meanwhile, 7-0 Lauren Murphy will face 2-0 Miriam Nakamoto to decide the organization’s first bantamweight champion.
The event will take place on December 7 at the Ameristar Casino Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri, and will be streamed as an online PPV.
The current card is as follows:
• Barb Honchak vs. Leslie Smith
• Carla Esparza vs. Claudia Gadelha
• Lauren Murphy vs. Miriam Nakamoto
• Felice Herrig vs. Tecia Torres
• Joanne Calderwood vs. Katja Kankaanpaa
• Julia Budd vs. Charmaine Tweet
• Zoila Frausto Gurgel vs. Vanessa Porto
• Tonya Evinger vs. Kelly Kobold
• Nina Ansaroff vs. Munah Holland