The World Series of Fighting 6: Burkman vs Carl card has been officially finalized. The 10-fight schedule includes the first championship bout in the promotion’s history: a welterweight title fight between Josh Burkman and Steve Carl.
Rounding out the card is the official confirmation of a featherweight bout between former WEC champion Miguel Torres and Pablo Alfonso.
“With our first-ever championship bout scheduled in the headlining bout of our Oct. 26 event, we were already excited about visiting BankUnited Center,” WSOF president Ray Sefo wrote in a statement. “But we had an opportunity to put together an intriguing matchup between Miguel Torres, who will compete at 145 pounds for the fight, and a very tough local fighter in Pablo Torres, who is excited to make a statement in what would be the biggest win of his career. It’s a fantastic addition to an already incredible lineup.”
The event will take place on October 26, with the main card broadcast live on NBC Sports Network.
The current card is as follows:
• Josh Burkman vs. Steve Carl
• Carson Beebe vs. Marlon Moraes
• Marcelo Alfaya vs. Jon Fitch
• Justin Gaethje vs. Dan Lauzon
• Luiz Firmino vs. Jacob Volkmann
• Pablo Alfonso vs. Miguel Torres
• Francisco France vs. Hans Stringer
• Nick LoBosco vs. Fabio Mello
• Chad Robichaux vs. Andrew Yates
• Alexandre Pimentel vs. Jade Porter