The UFC has confirmed the 12th bout up for the upcoming year end show. Estevan Payan and Robert Peralta have been scheduled to meet at UFC 168, and both fighters are in serious need of a win.
Payan will be looking for his first victory in the UFC after dropping his debut to Jeremy Stephens at UFC 160. This loss broke an eight fight streak for him, including back to back wins in Strikeforce. He is currently 14-4 in his MMA career.
Peralta is also looking to get his career back on track. He is returning to the octagon after a six month suspension for marijuana use, following a decision loss to Akira Corassani in April. Just like his upcoming opponent, this snapped an impressive undefeated streak, with 10 straight wins in the past four years. He is now 2-1 in the UFC, and 16-4 overall.
UFC 168 will take place on December 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. It will be headlined by a middleweight title fight between Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva. The current card is as follows:
• Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva
• Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate
• Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne
• Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier
• Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller
• Uriah Hall vs. Chris Leben
• Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau
• Manny Gamburyan vs. Dennis Siver
• William Macario vs. Bobby Voelker
• Shane Del Rosario vs. Guto Inocente
• Siyar Bahadurzada vs. John Howard
• Estevan Payan vs. Robbie Peralta