Russian bantamweight Alexandra Albu will make her octagon debut against longtime veteran Julie Kedzie at UFC Fight Night 33, UFC officials announced on Tuesday afternoon.
Albu was reportedly signed by the UFC recently, and the announcement of the Fight Night 33 bout makes her spot on the roster official.
Albu is 5-0, according to her representatives at Red Fury Fight Team. Her first four matches, according to Red Fury’s website, were in Thailand, while her last match was at “Octagon Fights,” an event recently held in Moscow.
Kedzie (16-12) has seen better days than her recent stretch. She lost her last three outings, the most recent being her UFC debut wherein she lost a split decision to Germaine de Randamie at UFC on FOX 8 in July.
UFC Fight Night 33 will take place on Dec. 6 at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Brisbane, Australia. A heavyweight bout between Mark Hunt and Antonio Silva will headline the Australian UFC fight card.
Check out the developing fight card below:
- Mark Hunt (9-8) vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva (18-5)
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (21-8) vs. James Te Huna (16-6)
- Soa Palelei (19-3) vs. Pat Barry (8-6)
- Dylan Andrews (16-4, 1 NC) vs. Clint Hester (8-3)
- Anthony Perosh (14-7) vs. Ryan Bader (15-4)
- Nick Ring (13-2) vs. Caio Magalhaes (6-1)
- Takeya Mizugaki (18-7-2) vs. Nam Phan (18-11)
- Robert Whittaker (11-3) vs. Brian Melancon (7-3)
- Krzysztof Jotko (13-0) vs. Bruno Santos (13-0)
- Andreas Stahl (9-0) vs. Alex Garcia (10-1)
- Julie Kedzie (16-12) vs. Aleksandra Albu (5-0)