Charles Oliveira has been forced to drop out of his scheduled UFC 166 match up due to a leg injury.
MMA Premium first reported the news, which was followed by an official confirmation from Oliveira’s camp.
The Houston based fighter is 16-4 in his MMA career, and was looking to snap a two fight losing streak.
Oliveira had previously been set to face Jeremy Larsen, and UFC officials have not commented on whether Larsen will get a replacement opponent, or if the bout will be scrapped.
UFC 166 will take place on October 19 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. It will be headlined by a heavyweight title fight between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos.
The current card is as follows:
• Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos
• Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
• Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
• Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
• John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague
• Tim Boetsch vs. CB Dollaway
• Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
• Jessica Eye vs. Sarah Kaufman
• K.J. Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos
• Adlan Amagov vs. T.J. Waldburger
• Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
• Jeremy Larsen vs. TBA
• Kyogi Horiguchi vs. Dustin Pague