UFC officials confirmed over the weekend that a match between Jamie Varner and Pat “Bam Bam” Healy has been scheduled for the UFC on FOX 9 card.
Both Varner and Healy are in their second stints in the UFC. Varner has gone 2-2 since he signed with the organization in 2012, and is coming off of a split decision loss to Gleison Tibau at UFC 164. He is currently 21-8-1.
Healy, meanwhile, is just 0-1 with one no-contest since his return to the octagon earlier this year. The no-contest was a result of him tesing positive for marijuana, following what was initially a win over Jim Miller at UFC 159. Healy boasted a strong 7-1 showing in Strikeforce before coming back to the UFC. He is now 31-16.
UFC on FOX 9 will take place on Dec. 14 at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. The card will be headlined by a lightweight title fight between champion Anthony Pettis and Josh Thomson.
The current card is as follows:
• Anthony Pettis vs. Josh Thomson
• Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald
• Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown
• Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz
• Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig
• Pat Healy vs. Jamie Varner
• Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall
• Danny Castillo vs. Edson Barboza
• Kelvin Gastelum vs. Court McGee
• John Moraga vs. Darren Uyenoyama
• Abel Trujillo vs. Roger Bowling
• Sam Stout vs. Cody McKenzie