Another match up has been scheduled for the UFC’s year end card. A welterweight bout between Bobby Voelker and William Macario has been added to the prelims, with both fighters looking for their first win in the UFC.
Voelker ended a 4-1 stint in Strikeforce with back to back losses in the UFC. He is likely facing a cut from the promotion if he can’t pick up a victory here. Voelker is currently 24-10 in his MMA career.
Macario came out of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2, where he lost in the tournament finals. He’ll be looking to make a much better impression in his second UFC bout, and currently carries a 6-1 record, with six stoppages.
UFC 168 will take place on December 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. It will air live on PPV, with prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.
The current card is as follows:
• Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva
• Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate
• Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne
• Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier
• Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller
• Uriah Hall vs. Chris Leben
• Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau
• Manny Gamburyan vs. Dennis Siver
• William Macario vs. Bobby Voelker