Quinn Mulhern has dropped out of his scheduled UFC Fight Night 32 bout, citing an undisclosed injury. UFC officials have announced that Justin Salas will be stepping in to replace him, facing Thiago Tavares at the Brazilian event.
Salas most recently defeated Aaron Riley via split decision at UFC on FOX 8, bringing his UFC record to 2-1. He is currently 11-4 in his MMA career.
Tavares meanwhile suffered a KO loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov in January. He subsequently tested positive for anabolic steroids, and received a nine month suspension. He’ll be looking to get his career back on track with a big win over Sales. Tavares is 7-5-1 in the UFC, and 17-5-1 overall.
UFC Fight Night 32 will take place on November 9 at the Goiania Arena in Brazil. It will air live on FOX Sports 1, and will be headlined by a bout between Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson.
The current card is as follows:
• Vitor Belfort vs. Dan Henderson
• Cezar Ferreira vs. Daniel Sarafian
• Rafael Cavalcante vs. Igor Pokrajac
• Jose Maria vs. Dustin Ortiz
• Godofredo Pepey vs. Sam Sicilia
• Justin Salas vs. Thiago Tavares
• Brandon Thatch vs. Paulo Thiago
• Daron Cruickshank vs. Adriano Martins
• Omari Akhmedov vs. Thiago Perpetuo
• Rony Jason vs. Jeremy Stephens
• Ryan LaFlare vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio