Photo via UFC.com / Getty Images
UFC Fight Night 30 just might be cursed. An injury has forced Anthony Njokuani to pull out of his scheduled match up against Al Iaquinta at the October event. Njokuani had been originally set to fight Paul Taylor, before Taylor was injured himself and subsequently retired.
He was replaced by Al Iaquinta, and UFC officials have not revealed if a replacement opponent will be sought for him.
Njokuani would have come into the event off of an April knock out win over Roger Bowling. The Nigerian fighter is currently 3-3 in the UFC, and 16-7 overall.
Iaquinta meanwhile recently picked up his first win the organization, defeating Ryan Couture by decision. The TUF 15 finalist currently holds a 6-2-1 record in his MMA career.
UFC Fight Night 30 will take place on October 26 at the Manchester Arena in the UK. It will be headlined by a bout between Michael Bisping and Mark Munoz, and will air live on FOX Sports 2.
The updated card is as follows:
- Michael Bisping vs. Mark Munoz
- Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
- Magnus Cedenblad vs. Alessio Sakara
- Phil Harris vs. John Lineker
- Al Iaquinta vs. TBA
- Luke Barnatt vs. Andrew Craig
- Jessica Andrade vs. Rosi Sexton
- Cole Miller vs. Andy Ogle
- Jimy Hettes vs. Mike Wilkinson
- Michael Kuiper vs. Brad Scott