Photo via UFC.com / Getty Images
UFC officials have announced a new flyweight match up scheduled for their return to Brazil. Local fighter and 9 year veteran Jose Maria has been paired with UFC newcomer Dustin Ortiz at UFC Fight Night 32.
Maria’s 17 fight winning streak was broken in his UFC debut in August, falling to John Lineker in the second round. The recent loss brings his record to 33-4.
Ortiz meanwhile is headed into the octagon for the first time, recently picking up three straight wins in the RFA and KOTC promotions. Among the two losses of his career is a decision defeat at the hands of UFC flyweight Ian McCall in 2011. He is 11-2 in his MMA career.
UFC Fight Night 32 will take place on November 9 at the Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. It will be headlined by a bout between Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson, and will air live on FOX Sports 1.
The current card is as follows:
• Vitor Belfort vs. Dan Henderson
• Cezar Ferreira vs. Daniel Sarafian
• Rafael Cavalcante vs. Igor Pokrajac
• Jose Maria vs. Dustin Ortiz
• Godofredo Pepey vs. Sam Sicilia
• Quinn Mulhern vs. Thiago Tavares
• Brandon Thatch vs. Paulo Thiago
• Daron Cruickshank vs. Adriano Martins
• Omari Akhmedov vs. Thiago Perpetuo
• Ryan LaFlare vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio