UFC officials have confirmed a match up between flyweights Ali Bagautinov and Tim Elliott, set for the organization’s 20th anniversary show this November.
Bagautinov made his UFC debut just a few weeks ago, defeating Marcos Vinicuius in the third round. Prior to that, the 11-2 fighter had picked up eight straight wins in his home country of Russia.
Elliott will be entering the octagon for the third time, and has won his last two after a debut defeat against John Dodson in 2012. Just like Bagautinov, Elliot was also riding an eight fight winning streak before being signed to the UFC, including a high profile victory over Jens Pulver. He is currently 10-3-1 overall.
UFC 167 will take place on November 16 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. It will air live on PPV, with prelims available on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. The event will be headlined by a title fight between champion Georges St-Pierre and challenger Johny Hendricks.
The current card is as follows:
• Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
• Rashad Evans vs. Chael Sonnen
• Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
• Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald
• Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley
• Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham
• Brian Ebersole vs. Rick Story
• Edwin Figueroa vs. Erik Perez
• Ed Herman vs. Rafael Natal
• Ali Bagautinov vs. Tim Elliott