A knee injury has forced Luke Rockhold to drop out of his scheduled bout with Tim Boetsch at UFC 166. UFC officials announced yesterday on UFC Tonight that C.B. Dollaway will be stepping in to replace him, allowing the card to proceed as planned.
Dolloway debuted in the UFC on the seventh season of The Ultimate Fighter. He recently ended a two fight losing streak with back to back wins against Jason Miller and Daniel Sarafian, earning a Fight of the Night bonus in the process. He is currently 7-4 in the UFC, and 13-4 overall.
Boetsch meanwhile will be looking to snap a career slump after losing to both Constantinos Philippou and Mark Muñoz. Prior to that, he had picked up four wins in a row including victories over Yushin Okami and TUF winner Kendall Grove. He is 7-5 in the UFC, and 16-6 overall.
UFC 166 will take place on October 19 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. It will be headlined by a heavyweight championship fight between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos, and will air on PPV.
The current card is as follows:
• Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
• Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
• Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
• Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
• John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague
• Tim Boetsch vs. C.B. Dollaway
• Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
• Jessica Eye vs. Sarah Kaufman
• K.J. Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos
• Adlan Amagov vs. T.J. Waldburger
• Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
• Jeremy Larsen vs. Charles Oliveira
• Kyogi Horiguchi vs. Dustin Pague