With Nik Lentz dropping out of his previous match up to face Chad Mendes at UFC on FOX 9, Dennis Bermudez has been temporarily out of an opponent. Luckily, UFC officials have confirmed that Steven Siler has stepped up to fill in for Lentz, allowing the Fight Night 31 bout to continue as planned.
Bermudez and Siler were both contestants on The Ultimate Fighter 14, and each of them will be looking to break into the featherweight top 10 with a big win here.
Bermudez debuted in the UFC during the TUF 14 finale, falling to an armbar submission from Diego Brandao. He quickly bounced back though, and is currently riding a four fight winning streak, including two Fight of the Night bonuses. He is currently 4-1 in the UFC, and 11-3 overall.
Siler meanwhile has racked up five wins in the promotion, although a sole loss to Darren Elkins has so far kept him off of the division’s top 10. He most recently picked up back to back wins against Mike Brown and Kurt Holobaugh, bringing his record to 23-10.
UFC Fight Night 31 will take place on November 6 at Fort Campbell in Kentucky. It will be headlined by a bout between Tim Kennedy and Lyoto Machida, and will air live on FOX Sports 1.
The current card is as follows:
• Tim Kennedy vs. Lyoto Machida
• Liz Carmouche vs. Alexis Davis
• Ronny Markes vs. Yoel Romero
• Rustam Khabilov vs. Jorge Masvidal
• Michael Chiesa vs. Colton Smith
• Bobby Green vs. James Krause
• Francisco Rivera vs. George Roop
• Dennis Bermudez vs. Steven Siler
• Amanda Nunes vs. Germaine de Randamie
• Chris Camozzi vs. Lorenz Larkin
• Yves Edwards vs. Yancy Medeiros
• Seth Baczynski vs. Neil Magny
• Derek Brunson vs. Antonio Braga Neto