An injury has been reported for the UK’s October UFC event. UFC officials have confirmed that middleweight Tom Watson has dropped out of the Fight Night 30 card, and will be replaced by Magnus Cedenblad. The nature of the injury was not disclosed, but Watson has revealed that he will be out of training for a few months.
Tom Watson is injured and OUT of #UFCManchester2013. Magnus Cedenblad will replace him against Alessio Sakara on October 26th
— UFC United Kingdom (@UFC_UK) September 15, 2013
Thanks everyone for your support. My injury will keep me out of contact training for around 8-10 weeks. I really hope to fight again in 2013
— Tom Kong Watson (@TomKongWatson) September 15, 2013
Cedenblad will now step up to face Alessio Sakara. Cedenblad is coming off of a submission win over Jared Hamman at UFC 164, bringing his UFC record to 1-1. He is currently 11-4 overall.
Sakara is a longtime UFC vet with 14 fights in the promotion. He’s hit a very rough patch recently though, dropping three in a row over the course of two years. He was most recently disqualified for punches to the back of the head against Patrick Cote at UFC 154, although he was dominating the fight just prior.
UFC Fight Night 30 will take place on October 26 at the Manchester Arena in England. It will be headlined by a middleweight bout between Michael Bisping and Mark Munoz, and will air live on Fox Sports 1.
The updated card is as follows:
• Michael Bisping vs. Mark Munoz
• Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson
• Phil Harris vs. John Lineker
• Jimy Hettes vs. Mike Wilkinson
• Anthony Njokuani vs. Paul Taylor
• Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa
• Magnus Cedenblad vs. Alessio Sakara
• Luke Barnatt vs. Andrew Craig
• Michael Kuiper vs. Brad Scott
• Jessica Andrade vs. Rosi Sexton
• Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
• Cole Miller vs. Andy Ogle