October’s UFC 166 card has been officially finalized. In the main event, heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez will meet former champ Junior dos Santos in a long-awaited rubber match.
In the co-main event, top 10 ranked heavyweight Daniel Cormier and Roy Nelson will slug it out. Also on the card is a match up between perennial lightweight contenders Gilbert Melendez and Diego Sanchez, as well as heavyweight standouts Gabriel Gonzaga and Shawn Jordan. A flyweight bout between John Dodson and Darrell Montague will kick off the main card.
The prelims are fairly stacked as well, including appearances by former Strikeforce champions Luke Rockhold and Nate Marquardt, as well as a highly anticipated women’s match up between Jessica Eye and Sarah Kaufman
UFC 166 will take place on October 19 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. It will air live on PPV following prelims on FOX Sports 1.
The 13-bout card is as follows:
• Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
• Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
• Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
• Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
• John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague
• Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
• Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
• Jessica Eye vs. Sarah Kaufman
• K.J. Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos
• Adlan Amagov vs. T.J. Waldburger
• Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
• Charles Oliveira vs. Estevan Payan
• Matt Grice vs. Jeremy Larsen