A final match up has rounded out the UFC Fight Night 29 card. Welterweights David Mitchell and Yan Cabral are now set to meet as part of the Brazilian event’s 12-fight lineup.
This will mark Mitchell’s fifth UFC fight. After a recent TKO loss to Mike Pierce, he will need to fight hard to maintain his place in the promotion. He is currently 12-3 overall, and 1-3 in the UFC.
Yan Cabral is a undefeated prospect making his UFC debut. He is a grappling specialist, with 10 straight submission victories, including one over MMA icon Kazushi Sakuraba. He was a recent contestant on Brazil’s Ultimate Fighter, winning two fights before leaving the show due to a broken hand.
UFC Fight Night 29 will take place on October 9 at the Jose Correa Arena in Barueri, Sao Paulo, Brazil. It will air live on FOX Sports 1. Headlining the event will be a welterweight bout between Demian Maia and Jake Shields.
The current card is as follows:
• Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields
• Dong Hyun Kim vs. Erick Silva
• Rony Jason vs. Jeremy Stephens
• Matt Hamill vs. Thiago Silva
• Joey Beltran vs. Fabio Maldonado
• Raphael Assuncao vs. T.J. Dillashaw
• Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce
• Rodrigo Damm vs. Hacran Dias
• Igor Araujo vs. Ildemar Alcantara
• Yan Cabral vs. David Mitchell
• Chris Cariaso vs. Iliarde Santos
• Alan Patrick vs. Garett Whiteley