UFC 166 has added a new fight to its fall card. Matt Grice (15-5) and Jeremy Larsen (8-4) are set to do battle on October 19 at the Houston Toyota Center. The bout will take place at 145 pounds, with Larsen dropping a weight class to take the fight.
The UFC has not yet announced whether the match will take place on the PPV main card, or in the prelims that will air on FOX Sports 1.
Matt Grice has so far gone 2-6 in his UFC career (1-2 in his most recent stint). He most recently dropped a split decision to Dennis Bermudez at UFC 157 in February, for which the pair was awarded “Fight of the Night.”
Jeremy Larsen is currently 0-2 in UFC, losing to Lucas Martins via KO in May, and to Joe Proctor via TKO in 2012.
Both fighters are in need of a win to get their careers back on track. Larsen in particular has back-to-back losses, and may be in danger of being dropped from the organization.
UFC 166: Velasquez vs Dos Santos 3 will take place on Saturday, October 19 in Houston, Texas. Along with the heavyweight title fight, the card will also feature matches between Roy Nelson and Daniel Cormier, as well as Gilbert Melendez and Diego Sanchez.
You can read the full card below:
- Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
- Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
- Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch
- Nate Marquardt vs. Hector Lombard
- George Roop vs. Francisco Rivera
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
- George Sotiropoulos vs. KJ Noons
- Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
- TJ Waldburger vs. Adlan Amagov
- Matt Grice vs. Jeremy Larsen