We’ve compiled a list of 10 of the most lethal martial arts from around the world.
#10 Muay Thai
– Otherwise known as the “Art of Eight Limbs” because of its heavy concentration of knee and elbow strikes, it shouldn’t come as much of a shock to learn that this lethal form of self defense came out of country who sees violence and conquest on a daily basis, Thailand.
#9 Kapu Ku’ialua
– The unconventional Hawaiian martial art is also know as Lua. It’s main focus is bone breaking, manipulating the joints and the craziest part open ocean warfare. The complicated name actually means “two hits”. This form of martial art has had a long run on the battlefield and the practitioners of this art form have even taken it an extra step further by coating themselves in coconut oil to make it harder for their enemy to grab hold of them. Sneaky Sneaky
– This art form is also be known as Vacon. The Peruvians birthed this style of martial art on the streets of Lima. Bacom blends multiple martial arts and is focused on maximizing injury to your opponent as quickly as possible. Most Bacom contests end in death because of the common practice of carrying hidden weapons and using deception.
#7 Jailhouse Rock
– Yes it has to do with fighting in jails. This name describes many improvisational fighting styles in the US Penal system. Some include Brick City Rock, 52 Handblocks, and Stato. There’s not a lot that’s known about these, they truly are mysteries and for years their existence has been disputed.
– More well known as Boxing. You can see this around the globe in many different forms and the techniques have been adapted in other art forms as well as MMA. The head is the primary target although shots to the body are also performed. This sport was outlawed in many countries around the nineteenth century.
#5 Vale Tudo
– “Anything Goes” This is a full contact combat sport that is very popular in Brazil. It has almost NO rules. To be proficient in this fighting style you’re required to use techniques from numerous martial arts. But with fights like these, that tend to be extremely dangerous and bloody, the mainstream media tends to shy away from covering events. That’s why you will typically see these kinds of events in the underground.
– The practice of the Ninja, or technical name Shinobi, in Japan. This martial art plays on unconventional warfare, deception, espionage and assassination. At one time these “ninjas” were even considered to be non-human or Hinin. Ninja Smoke! *poof*
#3 Rough and Tumble
– This fighting style is actually native to the ‘ol U. S. of A. One of the few styles originating from this young country, its inception came about during the time of the American Revolution and concentrates on maximum disfigurement. That includes eye gauging oro pulling a Tyson on someones tongue and biting it off. Gotta love our forefathers. ‘Merica
– Linear Infighting Neural Override Engagement is the long form name of a combat style the United States Marine Corps conceived in the 1990’s. It’s still employed today by many special forces operatives. The MCMAP, Marine Corps Martial Art Program, succeeded it in recent years due to it’s limited practical application. This art form usually ends up taking the life of your opponent. This causes a problem for the Marines in non emergency situations and peacekeeping operations.
#1 Krav Maga
– The worlds most effective and dangerous of all the martial arts. Guess where this bad boy comes from… it was developed and used by the IDF or Israeli Defense Force, yes sir its not enough that they have one of the most conflicted regions in the world they also have one of the most dangerous forms of martial arts. This thing is a non sport martial art. That means its got NO concern for the opponents wellbeing. It assumes that your opponent is trying to kill you at all times. For this, the brutal techniques focus is to inflict as much damage or pain as fast and effectively as possible, which usually results in deliberately ending the life of your opponent.
What do you think of our Top 10 most lethal martial arts? Would you change any of them around? Comment Below!